I want to be the first to welcome you to Hostel Fish and to assure you the health and wellbeing of our guests, associates and community is of paramount importance to us. Our leadership team is continually monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation, and we are following the direction of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health authorities in best practices and procedures.
We look forward to providing you with exceptional service during your stay. We’ve provided some answers to frequently asked questions below, but please do not hesitate to ask any member of our team if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
What precautionary measures has the hostel implemented in light of COVID-19?
- We have altered our bookings so that our rooms are limited to safe distancing, and in many rooms we are no longer using them as shared accommodations except by those traveling together.
- In an abundance of caution, we are suspending housekeeping services in the rooms during your stay. We will gladly refresh your towels and remove any trash if so desired.
- We are spending extra time cleaning the hostel with an anti-viral solution officially approved for this purpose with a particular focus on sanitizing hand contact surfaces such as door handles, tables, desks, stair railings, elevator buttons, keyboards, stair banisters, light switches, faucets, hair dryers, etc.
- We have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers in convenient locations for guest and associate use in both public and staff-only areas.
- While we are still welcoming travelers with extreme social distancing. Guests who arrive with a cough, signs of fever, or any cold-like symptoms will not be allowed to stay and referred to Denver Health.
- We have reiterated to our associates the importance of everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of infection that cause respiratory illnesses. Each morning at our daily meetings we review the information to ensure our team is taking the necessary precautions to mitigate potential illness.
- Any associates with flu-like symptoms will be sent home and will not be able to come into work.
Personal safety recommendations
- We recommend following the information provided on the CDC website for ways that you can protect yourself from becoming ill: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
- We also encourage you to wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer and/or anti-bacterial wipes when traveling.
- We are also asking guests to wear masks when in the common spaces, and will be having our staff do the same.
What should you do if you believe you have contracted COVID-19?
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we encourage you to seek medical assistance immediately by dialing 911 to reach emergency services.
- Additional information can be found HERE
What will we do if we learn that there was a confirmed case of COVID-19 on property?
- If you become aware of a potential COVID-19 case during your stay, please inform anyone on our team to take action.
- If a guest affected by COVID-19 is still on property, that guest will be isolated from other hotel guests as much as possible until medical authorities arrive to assist with the situation.
- After an affected guest leaves our hotel, we will clean the room thoroughly following approved procedures as outlined by the CDC and local health authorities
We are so grateful that you choose to stay with us, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience while remaining at your service entirely.
Chad Fish Founder and Owner